Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fatale #1

Fatale #1
Writer: Ed Brubaker:
Artist: Sean Phillips
Colors: Dave Stewart
Image Comics

I didn't think it possible for me to really not know what the hell is going on in a comic, yet still enjoy the hell out of it anyway. Yet that's the case with Brubaker and Phillips Fatale. If you asked me what the story was about, I'd give vague mumblings of a car chase, a flashback to the past and some cultists being brutally slaughtered. How it all fits together? Hell if I know after just the 1 issue.

Yet so far that's fine, because they  really know how to make you feel the mood of each scene. Whether it's the wet cold of the rainy funeral, to the sexy appeal of the female lead that gives the book its name, to the eerie creepiness  of a bloody massacre. The scenes come to life and you feel the cold rain,  you're stunned by the fatale's beauty etc.

I honestly can't wait to see what happens next, I want to know why I'm feeling all these things.

Check it out yourself at your local retailer, or online at Comixology.

No comments:

Post a Comment